Sunday, March 8, 2020

Diane Tran- Week 10

Diane Tran
ASA 150E
Professor Valverde

I always enjoy taking Professor Valverde's class. This quarter it has been very eye-opening since we learned a lot about the history of Vietnam and the Vietnam war. I also got to learn the different stories of Vietnamese soldiers as well as the forgotten stories that were not portrayed in history books. All of the history of the Vietnam war here in America is based on the bias of the Americans, not telling the true story of what actually happened. In addition, we got to work on a project for the final. I am working on the topic of Fall of Saigon and the different perspectives of a Vietnamese soldier from the North and the South side. We are making time capsules for each perspective of the North and South. I am excited for other people to see our project and to learn a lot from it. In addition, I feel like I learned a lot about the history of my Vietnamese roots. I also learned a lot about Agent Orange and the tragedy that affected the people of Vietnam as well as the deformities it caused for the children of Viet Nam. I hope I am able to take more classes that is taught by Professor Valverde!

Image result for fall of saigon
source:https://ronaldyatesbooks.com/2019/04/the-fall-of-saigon-relived-40-years-later/

No comments:

Post a Comment