Saturday, March 7, 2020

Week 10_Vivianne Lee_ASA150E

     Taking Professor Valverde's class is always interesting because I learn a lot about things I did not know or think about before. When I first decided to enroll in this class, I thought that this class is mainly going to be focused on relearning the history of Vietnam war like I did in high school. However, this class was heavily focused on the different perspectives of the Vietnam war and learned the importance of preserving narratives and voices that are often silenced in today's society. Prior to taking this class, I only heard about the stories of U.S soldiers who are considered heroes and victories. However, I was able to read and analyze the different perspectives of the Vietnam war such as the north Vietnamese and the south Vietnamese side. I was also shocked to learn about the My Lai Massacre, in which the innocent and harmless South Vietnamese civilians were killed by the U.S. Armed Forces. I am excited for my final project to finally come together. From conducting a lot of research, I learned a lot about both the similarities and differences between the north and south vietnamese perspective's on the Vietnam war and how they provoked different emotions/feelings with regards to the Fall of Saigon. 
Image result for north and south vietnamese soldiers during vietnam war

https://theculturetrip.com/asia/vietnam/articles/the-best-vietnam-war-stories-by-vietnamese-authors/



     

No comments:

Post a Comment